Public service concession contract of the Eborn electric charging stations
Easy Charge, a VINCI Group Business Unit dedicated to electric mobility, and the Fund for the Ecological Modernisation of Transport through its management company Demeter, have been awarded the public service delegation contract for the eborn network of electric charging stations.
A public service delegation contract
Easy Charge, a VINCI Group Business Unit dedicated to electric mobility, and the Fund for the Ecological Modernisation of Transport through its management company Demeter, have been awarded the public service delegation contract for the eborn network of electric charging stations. The eborn network has been designed to support the deployment of ecomobility in territories by offering a unique electric charging system in eleven French departments.
Through this public service delegation, the operation, development and promotion of the eborn network are entrusted to Easy Charge and FMET for the next eight years.
Easy Charge will rely on the expertise of VINCI Autoroutes and VINCI Energies, through the Citeos and Omexom brands, to deploy, operate and maintain the eborn network. It will then be supervised using the CityApp tool developed by VINCI Energies.
This project is a good example of the Group’s ability to combine various expertise to build sustainable solutions that meet the needs of users.
1,200 charging stations to promote energy transition
Created in 2015, the eborn interdepartmental electricity recharging network will bring together eleven energy syndicates in France by the end of the year. In total, more than 1,200 charging stations will be available to drivers of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles throughout the eleven departments concerned. Two services are accessible from this network, by subscription or free access:
- accelerated charging to 22 kW for compatible vehicles, making it possible to gain 100 km of autonomy in less than an hour;
- and / or a rapid charge of 50 kW for compatible vehicles, allowing to gain 100 km of autonomy in less than 30 minutes
A public service delegation to support the deployment of ecomobility
Within the framework of the public service delegation, Easy Charge and the FMET will jointly take over the management of the public service, starting at the end of July for a period of 8 years:
- the operation and maintenance of the eborn network in order to offer an optimal quality of service to all network users, whether subscribers or occasional users;
- the commercial development of new services as well as the reinforcement of the interoperability of the network with other national and international load infrastructures;
- the densification and extension of the current mesh of available charging stations to keep pace with user demand, such as the growth in the number of electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles in circulation in these departments.
Find out more about Easy Charge: https://easycharge-vinci.com/en/